Points of View: Critical Frames for Performance Writing and Making is a nine-day programme for young performing arts writers and makers to explore various ways of viewing and approaching artistic works. Held on 4 - 12 May 2018 under the auspices of the Singapore International Festival of Arts (SIFA), successful applicants will experience a range of performances, and engage in critical dialogue with SIFA artists, organisers, industry experts and fellow critical thinkers.
Points of View consists of two tracks:
- Performance writing. For those interested in critical writing, including reviewing, research, arts journalism and arts administration. Facilitated by Lim How Ngean.
- Performance making. For those interested in critical dialogue about performance making, including directing, acting, designing, playwriting and dramaturgy. Facilitated by Charlene Rajendran.
- Contribute to discussions, tutorials and other workshop activities with the programme facilitators.
- Attend selected SIFA performances for free.
- Dialogue with SIFA artists and organisers.
- Share their experiences with the public in a forum.
(Application Period: 26 February to 25 March 2018)
To qualify for Points of View, you must be:
- Interested in performance writing OR performance making
- Aged between 18 and 30
- A Singapore resident
- Confident in both written and spoken English
- Actively involved in performance studies or practice, either as student, recent graduate or practitioner
- Able to commit to the entire programme from 4 to 12 May 2018
For more information and to apply, go to: http://www.asiandramaturgs.com/pov2018